Having seen this recipe for Greek Meatballs I just had to try it. Meatballs with dill, lemon and feta... They just have to be amazing! They are great by themselves, but toss them in a lightly toasted Greek style pita with some tomatoes, onions, and tzatziki and they are even better.
1 teaspoon olive oil
1/2 onion (finely chopped)
4 cloves garlic (minced)
1 pound lean ground lamb or beef or pork etc.
1 slice of bread (pulsed in a food processor)
1/4 cup milk
1 lemon (zest only)
1 teaspoon oregano
1 tablespoon fresh dill or mint (finely chopped)
1/4 cup feta cheese (crumbled, optional)
salt & pepper to taste
* greek style pitas
1 tomato (chopped)
1/2 red onion (chopped)
1 cup Tzatziki sauce
1. Heat the oil in a pan.
2. Saute the onions until tender.
3. Add the garlic and remove from heat.
4. Mix everything in a bowl.
5. Roll the mixture into balls.
6. Brown the meatballs in a pan. (About 8-10 minutes.)
7. Lightly toast the pita in a pan.
8. Place the meatballs, tomatoes, onions and Tzatziki sauce in the pita and enjoy.
Greek Style Nachos
Eggplant Wrapped Kebabs Baked in Tomato Sauce
Lamb and Mint Meatballs with Farro Risotto and Cilantro Pesto
Greek Style Pulled Lamb Pitas
Lamb Meatballs in Minted Tomato Sauce