Strawberry season is pretty much over and there were still a lot of recipes that I wanted to try. There were still a few stalls with strawberries at the market and I picked some up. One of the the recipes that I wanted to try was Spinach & Strawberry Salad with Buttered Almonds from Seasonal Ontario Food. I used the recipe pretty much as is, though I added some chopped mint and reduced the amount of oil. It was really good. A perfect use of some of the last of the strawberries of the season.
1 tablespoon honey
2 tablespoons lime juice & zest
1 tablespoon almond oil
1 teaspoon soy
1 teaspoon butter
2 tablespoons sliced almonds
1 serving baby spinach (washed)
1/2 cup strawberries (cleaned, hulled and sliced)
* ground black pepper (to taste)
1 tablespoon mint (chopped)
1. Mix the honey, lime juice, almond oil, and soy.
2. Melt the butter in a pan.
3. Add the almonds and toast until golden brown.
4. Place the spinach into a dish mixed with the mint and top with the strawberries, dressing, and almonds.
5. Garnish with freshly ground black pepper.
Strawberry and Feta Salad
Strawberry and Avocado Spinach Salad
Melon Salad with Prosciutto and Goats Cheese
Blackberry Salad with Blackberry Vinaigrette
Pear and Maple Pecan Salad