And another fig post. I have been keeping an eye out for fig recipes and when this one for "Parmesan Stuffed Figs with Balsamic Reduction" was posted, I tried it right away. I still had some gorgonzola cheese so I replaced the parmesan with the gorgonzola. This one was pretty good. I was a bit worried that the figs would get too cooked before the cheese melted but the cheese melted and the figs were not too warm. The balsamic reduction added a nice sour and sweet touch.
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1. Simmer the balsamic vinegar in a small sauce pan until it reduces to half the original volume.
2. Slice the figs open on the top.
3. Stuff a piece of gorgonzola cheese into the sliced open fig.
4. Broil the figs until the cheese melts, about 4 minutes.
5. Place the figs onto the serving dish and drizzle some of the balsamic reduction onto them.
6. Add some slices of prosciutto to the serving dish.
Fig and Brie Panini with Prosciutto
Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Medjool Dates
Fig and Gorgonzola Crostini with Honey
Prosciutto Wrapped Gorgonzola Stuffed Figs