Sweet figs and tangy blue cheese is a fabulous flavour combination and when I came across the idea for these fig and gorgonzola crostini on Tartlette I immediately knew that they would be amazing! In addition to the figs and gorgonzola, these crostini also have walnuts, thyme fresh cracked pepper and a drizzle of honey for even more sweetness to balance the tangy gorgonzola. The crostini are as easy to make as assembling them and then broiling them until the gogonzola just starts to melt and gets nice and creamy. Despite being so easy to make these fig and gorgonzola crostini are definitely a crowd please at a party and they also make for a nice light meal.
Fig and Gorgonzola Crostini with Honey
Sweet and juicy fresh figs on toast with creamy melting gorgonzola cheese, a touch of honey and thyme.
- 8 slices bread or baguette
- 1/2 cup gorgonzola, crumbled, room temperature
- 8 figs, cut in half
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 4 tablespoon walnuts, coarsely chopped
- pepper to taste
- 4 tablespoons honey
- Sprinkle the gorgonzola on the bread, top with the figs, thyme, walnuts and pepper.
- Broil in the oven until the cheese just starts to melt.
- Drizzle with honey and enjoy!