I was looking for a mushroom dish when I came across a recipe for shiitake mushrooms and blue cheese crostini. Shiitake mushrooms are one of my favorite mushrooms. They are tasty and most of the time they are fairly easy to find. I really enjoy mushrooms fried in butter and garlic. Blue cheeses have quickly become some of my favorites cheeses. The though of combining the butter and garlic fried mushrooms with a blue cheese sauce sounded really good. The shiitake mushroom and blue cheese crostini were amazing! They were full of flavour and the sauce was nice and creamy. Another great mushroom dish to add to my list.
2 tablespoons butter
2 cloves garlic (chopped)
2 cups shiitake mushrooms (cleaned and sliced)
salt and pepper to taste
1/4 cup white wine
2 tablespoons cream
1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
1 handful parsley (chopped)
baguette (sliced and lightly toasted)
2 tablespoons parmigiano reggiano (grated)
1. Melt the butter in a pan.
2. Add the garlic and saute until fragrant, about 1 minute.
3. Add the mushrooms, salt and pepper and saute until the mushrooms are golden brown, about 10 minutes.
4. Add the wine and deglaze the pan.
5. Add the cream and blue cheese and simmer until the cheese is melted and the sauce thickens.
6. Remove from heat and stir in the parsley.
7. Spoon the mushrooms onto the sliced baguette and top with some parmigiano reggiano.
8. Broil in the oven until the parmigiano reggiano is golden brown.
Warm Mushroom, Sun Dried Tomatoes and Goat Cheese Salad
Wild Mushrooms Sauteed in Butter, Sherry and Lemon
Steak Tenderloin in a Mushroom and Blue Cheese Sauce
Peameal Bacon and Onion Chutney Crostini
Baked Brie Topped with Caramelized Mushrooms