Although I could easily eat the ricotta zucchini gnocchi all by itself I wanted to serve it in a tasty sauce! While I thought about sauces I kept drifting towards one of my favourite summer combos, corn and zucchini, and I liked the sound of the corns sweetness paired with the tasty zucchini gnocchi. I wanted the sauce itself to be fairly light to let the flavour of the gnocchi shine but I also wanted it to be tasty in it's own right so I opted for a mild blue cheese sauce using gorgonzola docle. With the addition of a bit of cream I had a super simple, light and tasty sauce for my zucchini gnocchi and all that was left was to garnish everything with some fresh summer basil and a bit of crispy crumble pancetta. The creamy and tangy blue cheese sauce goes very well with the soft and tasty zucchini ricotta gnocchi and the sweetness of the corn and saltiness of the pancetta play off of their flavours beautifully creating one truly magical summer dish! If you happen to have some more zucchini on hand the addition of some shredded zucchini to the sauce is particularly nice!
Zucchini Ricotta Gnocchi and Corn in Creamy Gorgonzola Sauce with Crispy Crumbled Pancetta
A fresh summery zucchini gnocchi in a creamy Gorgonzola sauce with sweet corn and salty crumbled pancetta.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 6 ounces ricotta zucchini gnocchi
- 1/2 cup corn (~1 ear)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup cream
- 2 ounces gorgonzola dolce (or other mild blue cheese), crumbled
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 slices pancetta (optional)
- 1 tablespoon basil, sliced thinly
- Cook the gnocchi in boiling water until it floats, drain and set aside reserving some of the cooking water.
- Meanwhile, heat the corn, butter, milk, cream and gorgonzola in a saucepan over medium heat until the blue cheese has melted and the sauce is smooth and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Meanwhile, cook the pancetta in a pan over medium heat until crispy and set aside.
- Toss the gnocchi in the sauce and serve garnished with crumbled pancetta and basil.
Pumpkin Gnocchi in a Creamy Gorgonzola Sauce
Gnocchi in a Gorgonzola Sauce Topped with Fried Mushrooms
Penne with Asparagus and Mushrooms in a Gorgonzola Sauce
Roasted Tomato and Gorgonzola Sauce