Now that I had my fresh homemade
, the only real question left was; What was I going to make with it first? Although I had a few ideas I just had to go with one of my favourite flavour combinations; pumpkin, gorgonzola and sage. I made a quick and easy sauce by melting the gorgonzola into some milk and cream to which I added some sage and a touch of nutmeg. In less time than it took to cook the gnocchi, the sauce was ready and when the gnocchi was cooked I tossed it in the sauce and served it with a garnish of julienned sage. Once again, the pumpkin, gorgonzola and sage flavour combination did not disappoint! The sweet pumpkin gnocchi was so good all covered in the creamy and tangy gorgonzola sauce which just clung to and all of it’s ridges. I really enjoyed the soft and yet slightly chewy texture of the gnocchi and I am already looking forward to the leftovers tomorrow! Next time I think that I might try adding some sauted mushrooms.
Pumpkin Gnocchi in a Creamy Gorgonzola Sauce
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup cream
- 4 ounces gorgonzola or other blue cheese (crumbled)
- 2 leaves sage (chopped)
- 1 pinch nutmeg (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 batch (about 1 pound) pumpkin gnocchi (cooked)
- 4 leaves sage (julienned)
- Heat the butter, milk, cream, gorgonzola, sage, nutmeg, salt and pepper in a medium saucepan until the gorgonzola has melted and the sauce is smooth.
- Toss the gnocchi in the sauce and serve garnished with sage.
Pumpkin Gnocchi in a Brown Butter and Sage Sauce
Gnocchi in a Gorgonzola Sauce Topped with Fried Mushrooms
Pumpkin and Mushroom Pasta with Gorgonzola
Butternut Squash and Caramelized Onion Omelette with Gorgonzola and Sage
Roasted Butternut Squash with Caramelized Onions, Gorgonzola and Crispy Fried Sage