If you still have some leftover ham then do I have a dish for you, and if you don't then it's time to head out to get a ham steak because this ham and pineapple cauliflower fried 'rice' will knock your socks off! This fried rice uses cauliflower that has been grated into rice sized pieces in place of regular rice making it a really good lighter alternative and it's a great way to sneak in an extra veggie! Speaking of veggies, this dish is full of them with the onions, carrots, peas and peppers in addition to the juicy, sweet and tangy pineapple making this dish just packed with goodness! Not only is this dish nice and tasty but it only takes 30 minutes to make making it a perfect meal for those busy nights and any leftovers a great for lunch the next day!
It's so nice and colourful!
I like to fry the ham first to get crispy edges and bring out more flavour!
Ham and Pineapple Fried Cauliflower Rice
Prep Time: 15 minutes Cook Time: 15 minutes Total Time: 30 minutes Servings: 4
A light and tasty ham and pineapple fried rice using cauliflower 'rice'.
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1/2 cup red pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup peas
- 1/2 cup carrot, shredded or diced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon ginger, grated
- 1 small head cauliflower, riced by grating by hand or in a food processor (~4 cups)
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups pineapple, sliced
- 1 cup ham, diced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce (or tamari for gluten-free)
- 1 tablespoon sweet soy sauce (optional)
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon chili sauce (such as sambal oelek or sriracha) or to taste
- 2 green onions, sliced
- Heat the oil in a large pan over medium-high heat, add the onion and pepper and stir-fry for 3 minutes before adding the carrot and peas and stir-frying for another 3 minutes.
- Add the garlic and ginger and stir-fry for 30 seconds.
- Add the cauliflower rice, mix everything up and stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- Make a well in the middle of the pan, add the eggs and let them sit for a minute before mixing them into everything and stir-frying for another 3 minutes.
- Add the pineapple and ham and stir-frying for another minute.
- Mix in the mixture of the soy sauce, sweet soy sauce, sesame oil and chili sauce along with the green onions, remove from heat and enjoy.
Option: Fry the ham in oil to get it nice and crispy on the outside and enhance it's flavour before adding it to the stir-fry.