Summer's not over yet and there's still plenty of zucchini around and these crispy lemon parmesan zucchini chips with basil aioli are a great way to enjoy some of it! These zucchini chips could not be easier to make, you simply coat the zucchini in a mixture of panko breadcrumbs, parmesan and lemon zest and then either fry or bake them until the are nice and golden brown and crispy! Although they are great just the way they are, I thought that I would throw some more summer into the mix by serving them with a basil aioli, basil pureed into mayonnaise! Don't let summer slip away, enjoy it with some of these crispy lemon parmesan zucchini chips with basil aioli while you still can!
With the lemon in the crispy coating and the basil aioli, these zucchini chips just scream summer!
So crispy and good!
They're great baked as well!
Crispy Lemon Parmesan Zucchini Chips with Basil Aioli
Crispy zucchini chips crusted in panko breadcrumbs with parmesan and lemon zest that are fried or baked until nice and crispy served with a basil aioli.
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1/2 cup flour (gluten-free for gluten-free)
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups panko breadcrumbs (gluten-free for gluten-free)
- 1/2 cup parmigiano reggiano (parmesan), grated
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup basil
- Dredge the zucchini slices in flour, dip them in the egg, and coat them in the mixture of the breadcrumb, parmesan, lemon zest, salt and pepper.
- Fry the coated zucchini slices in oil until lightly golden brown, about 2-3 minutes per side or place them on a wire rack on a baking pan, spray lightly with oil and bake in a preheated 425F/220C oven until lightly golden brown, about 15-20 minutes.
- Puree the mayonnaise and basil and serve with the zucchini chips.