Mini peppers are so much fun! I am a little obsessed with stuffing them right now and these bacon and goat cheese stuffed mini peppers with balsamic sweet chili sauce are my current favourite! They are so easy to make! You simply cook some bacon, mix it in with the goat cheese and cream cheese along with some garlic and onions, stuff the halved mini peppers and roast until the cheese is nice and warm and melty and good! These sweet and savoury, finger licking bundles of goodness are so good all by themselves and even better when dipped in a balsamic sweet chili sauce! Whether you serve these bacon and goat cheese stuffed mini peppers with balsamic sweet chili sauce to guests as appetizers/snacks or you devour an entire batch of them by yourself (I won't tell anyone... since I do it too...) you are sure to enjoy them!
Bacon and Goat Cheese Stuffed Mini Peppers with Balsamic Sweet Chili Sauce
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 20 minutes Total Time: 30 minutes Servings: 8
Mini sweet peppers stuffed with melted goat cheese and bacon served with a balsamic sweet chili sauce!
- 4 strips bacon
- 4 ounces goat cheese (softened)
- 4 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced (optional)
- 1/2 pound mini peppers, cut in half and seeded
- 1/4 cup sweet chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Cook the bacon and crumble before mixing into the goat cheese, cream cheese, garlic and green onions and stuffing into the mini pepper halves.
- Roast in a preheated 400F/200C oven until the peppers are tender and the cheese is melted and golden brown, about 15 minutes.
- Enjoy warm with the mixture of the sweet chili sauce and balsamic vinegar!
Option: Add cheddar or parmesan to the cheese mixture!
Option: Add some chili heat to the cheese mixture!
Nutrition Facts Provided by Napier West