I am more than half way done the mole sauce now. I thought I would see how it does with pasta. I did a simple chicken with mole sauce on fettucini. I was a bit surprised that the hot, spicy, fruity, nutty and chocolaty sauce worked as a pasta. It was pretty good.
Chicken Mole Fettucini
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1/2 chicken breast (cut into bite sized pieces)
- 1/2 cup Mole Sauce
- 1 serving fettucini (cooked) (gluten free for gluten free)
- Heat the oil in a pan.
- Brown the chicken in the pan.
- Add the mole sauce and bring to a boil.
- Place the chicken and mole sauce onto the fettucini.
Ruth Daniels says
Wow – my very favorite Mexican dish is chicken mole and served on pasta – how cool!
Thanks for sharing with Presto Pasta Night.
Peter M says
Kevin, I can see you’re on a “mole” kick. From the various takes I’ve read on the sauce, I’m going to try this summer.
The site’s lookin’ great!
Larry Goldberger says
I love both mole sauce and pasta but not sure they would work together. Thanks for trying this out. It’s on the menu for this evening.