Vegetables noodles are always fun and a nice light alternative to pasta, rice, potatoes, etc.! Zucchini is my go-to veggie for noodles but sweet potatoes also make for really nice noodles and chipotle sweet potato noodle bowls are a great way to enjoy them! This is a simple noodle bowl with sweet potato noodles cooked with onions, garlic, chipotle chili powder and cumin before being tossed with lime juice and cilantro before being served with black beans, corn, avocado and fried eggs! These noodle bowls make for a really nice quick and easy light meal or a powerhouse breakfast to kick start your day off right!
There are a lot of devices out these days for cutting veggies into noodles and a mandoline or even a knife works perfectly fine if you don;t want yet another kitchen gadget!
Chipotle Sweet Potato Noodle Bowl
Chipotle sweet potato noodle bowls with black beans, corn, avocado and fried eggs with runny yolks!
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 small onion, sliced or diced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chipotle chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin, toasted and ground
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into noodles
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed (or 1 1/2 cups cooked beans, from 1/2 cup dry)
- 1 cup corn, fresh or frozen
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice (~1/2 lime)
- 1/4 cup queso fresco (or feta), crumbled
- 4 eggs (optional)
- 1 large avocado, diced
- Heat the oil in a large pan over medium-high heat, add the onion and cook until tender, about 3-5 minutes, before adding the garlic, chipotle chili powder and cumin and cooking until fragrant, about a minute.
- Add sweet potato noodles, toss to coat and cook until just tender, about 2-4 minutes.
- Add the beans and corn and cook for a minute before removing from heat and mixing in the cilantro and lime juice.
- Fry the eggs as desired and serve on top of the sweet potato noodles!
Option: Start by cooking 4 strips of bacon and use the grease to cook the onions in, adding the crumbled bacon into the noodles along with the beans and corn.
Chipotle Sweet Potato and Black Bean Hash with Guacamole
Mexican Baked Eggs
Sweet Potato and Black Bean Quesadillas with Swiss Chard Pesto
Sweet Potato and Black Bean Tacos with Swiss Chard Pesto
Chipotle Roast Sweet Potato and Black Bean Quinoa Salad with Creamy Avocado Dressing
Baked Chipotle Sweet Potato and Black Bean Quinoa Cakes with Creamy Avocado Sauce
Chipotle Butternut Squash and Black Bean Burrito Bowl
Shrimp Scampi with Zucchini Noodles
Creamy Avocado Zucchini Noodle Pasta with Taco Lime Grilled Shrimp
Pesto Zucchini Noodles with Roasted Tomatoes and Grilled Chicken
Cilantro Lime Shrimp Scampi with Zucchini Noodles
Breakfast Loaded Sweet Potato Fries
Heather Christo says
That looks like the ultimate breakfast bowl!
Maria Lichty says
Now thats how you fill up a bowl!
Judith Stephens says
WAY TOO many carbs and other sugars for me. Pass.
Regine Karpel says
A SPICY PERSPECTIVE says
This looks delicious! So many yummy flavors!