Sun dried tomato pesto is one of my favorite pesto’s. Having just oven dried my own tomatoes I had to try making the pesto with them. I used the same recipe that I always do replacing the sun dried tomatoes with the oven dried tomatoes. The pesto turned out pretty good. The oven dried tomatoes gave the pesto a really nice concentrated tomato flavour.
Maccheroni Calabrese alla Oven Dried Tomato Pesto
- 1/2 cup oven dried tomatoes (or sun dried tomatoes)
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil leaves (optional)
- 1 clove garlic (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts (toasted)
- 1/4 cup parmigiano-reggiano (grated)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place everything into a food processor and blend.
Sundried Tomato Pesto