I had some green beans and I was wondering what to do with them. I was looking in my fridge for ideas and I came across a lemon. I thought that I would fry the green beans in butter and add some lemon juice. It was pretty good. I really like butter and lemon. I imagine that a simple butter and lemon sauce would go well on a lot of vegetables. This is a pretty quick and easy side dish.
Green Beans in Butter and Lemon with Parmigiano Reggiano
- 1/2 pound green beans (cleaned and trimmed)
- 1/2 tablespoon butter
- juice from 1/2 lemon
- zest from 1/2 lemon (optional)
- 1 tablespoon Parmigiano Reggiano (optional)
- Melt the butter in a pan.
- Add the green beans and saute until al dente.
- Add the lemon juice and toss.
- Garnish with the lemon zest and parmigiano reggiano if desired