I had some green beans and I was wondering what to do with them. I was looking in my fridge for ideas and I came across a lemon. I thought that I would fry the green beans in butter and add some lemon juice. It was pretty good. I really like butter and lemon. I imagine that a simple butter and lemon sauce would go well on a lot of vegetables. This is a pretty quick and easy side dish.
Green Beans in Butter and Lemon with Parmigiano Reggiano
- 1/2 pound green beans (cleaned and trimmed)
- 1/2 tablespoon butter
- juice from 1/2 lemon
- zest from 1/2 lemon (optional)
- 1 tablespoon Parmigiano Reggiano (optional)
- Melt the butter in a pan.
- Add the green beans and saute until al dente.
- Add the lemon juice and toss.
- Garnish with the lemon zest and parmigiano reggiano if desired
Kelly Mahoney says
That looks delicious. What a skillful combination of simple ingredients.
I think lemon is wonderful with vegetables…and Parmesan.
Very pretty dish and nice photo!
What a perfect, simple side dish!
That dish sounds delicious – a great way to brighten up every day vegetables.
This looks great. I’ve got the last of the green beans from the garden in my fridge and have been wondering what to do with them. You just decided for me — thanks! I love your choice of recipes . . . glad I found your site!