I was looking for new side dish recipes when I came across one for a
Thai style green beans
. These tasty sounding green beans are covered in a creamy and spicy peanut butter, hoisin and soy sauce. I just could not pass up the chance to use a peanut sauce in a new way. Though I really like my current
spicy peanut sauce
recipe I was all for trying a new one and the use of the hoisin sauce sounded good. I dressed the recipe up a bit by adding some fresh chopped chilies, green onions and some lime juice. The green beans covered in spicy peanut sauce were really good! The peanut sauce went really well on the crisp green beans and the crunchy peanuts added yet another layer of texture. I would imagine that a spicy peanut sauce could be added to many vegetables to liven them up a bit.
Green Beans in Spicy Peanut Sauce
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 shallot (chopped)
- 1 clove garlic (grated)
- 1 teaspoon ginger (grated)
- 1 pound green beans
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon cilantro (chopped)
- 1 red chili pepper (sliced)
- 1 handful peanuts (chopped)
- Heat the oil in a pan.
- Add the shallot and saute until tender, about 3 minutes.
- Add the garlic and ginger and saute for a minute.
- Add the green beans and saute until just tender, about 3 minutes.
- Mix the peanut butter, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, chili sauce, lime juice and water in a bowl.
- Add the peanut butter sauce to the green beans and toss to coat.
- Serve garnished with cilantro, sliced red chilies and chopped peanuts.