Mayonnaise is a great condiment all by itself but it is always fun to add different flavours to it! These flavoured mayonnaises can be as simple as adding fresh basil for a chicken club sandwich or chipotle chilies in adobo for dipping sweet potato fries into. The possibilities and applications of flavoured mayonnaises are near limitless! For a recent project I was looking for something spicy and green with jalapenos and since raw jalapenos are a bit crunchy, roasted was the way to go. After throwing in a few extras including fresh cilantro and a hit of lime juice and this roasted jalapeno mayo was looking pretty tasty and ready to go.
Roasted Jalapeno Mayo
Mayonnaise flavoured with spicy roasted jalapenos and lime.
- 2 jalapeno peppers, cut in half, stemmed, and seeded
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 glove garlic
- 1 green onion
- 1 handful cilantro
- 1 lime, juice and zest
- Place the peppers on a baking sheet with the cut side facing down.
- Place the baking sheet on the top shelf in the oven and broil until the outer layer of the skin has blackened, about 8-14 minutes.
- Place the peppers in a zip-lock bag or other sealable container, seal and let them cool until you can handle them, about 20 minutes.
- Remove the skins from the peppers. The skins should easily “pinch” off.
- Puree everything.
Kathryn Ferguson Griffin says
Thank you for sharing! It sounds so delicious. Wishing you a grand evening. Toodles, Kathryn
Michelle @ Brown Eyed Baker says
Oooh love this! I tend to forget about how easy it is to ratchet up boring ol' mayonnaise!
Sarah @ The Condemned Ate A Hearty Dinner says
Mmmm, that sounds delicious! I'm going to try this out ASAP!
I assume you remove the center part of the jalapenos with the seeds, and just roast the skins cut side down?
Yes, cut the jalapenos in half, stem and seed them and roast with the cut side down/skin side up. Enjoy!