Thai style curries are nice and easy to make an just packed with flavour! The basis for a Thai style curry is the curry paste, in this case a green curry paste, along with coconut milk, fish sauce, lime juice, palm sugar, and plenty of fresh herbs. The simple combination and the spicy chili paste, the salty fish sauce, the sour lime juice, and sweet sugar is a magical combination! The curry is filled out with chicken, bell pepper and snap peas and when it’s served over rice is make for full meal that takes almost ni time to make! The fresh green theme of this curry with the green curry paste, green onions, basil, and cilantro is perfect for spring!
Skillet Green Curry Chicken
A light and tasty Thai style green curry with chicken, bell peppers and sugar snap peas!
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 pound boneless and skinless chicken breasts (or thighs)
- 2 tablespoons green curry paste
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced and divided (whites and greens)
- 1 (14 ounce) can coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce (or soy sauce, or tamari)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice (~1 lime)
- 1 tablespoon palm sugar (or brown sugar or sugar)
- 1 birds eye chili, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 cups snap peas
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons basil, chopped
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium-high heat, add the chicken and cook until golden brown on both sides, about 3-5 minutes per side, before setting aside.
- Add the green curry paste and the whites of the green onions and cook in the oil in the skillet until fragrant, about a minute.
- Add the coconut milk, fish sauce, lime juice, sugar, the greens of the green onions, the bell pepper and the chicken, bring to a simmer, reduce the heat and simmer until the chicken is cooked through.
- Add the snap peas and warm before mixing in the cilantro and basil and enjoy!
Tip: Start cooking the rice just before you start the curry and it will be ready to go when the curry is!
Option: Use your favourite vegetables with, or instead of, t4he bell pepper and snap peas!
Option: Add fresh chopped mint.
Option: Garnish with chopped roasted peanuts.
Option: Garnish with crispy fried shallots/onions!