Armed with my shiny new spinach and feta pesto I needed to try it out on something and of course the first thing that came to mind was pasta but I was looking for something a little more this time. One of the easiest ways to make a pasta a bit more of a meal is to add chicken and I was thinking that some contrasting paprika grilled chicken would go nicely with a spanakopita pesto pasta. I garnished the pasta with some walnuts and feta, mirroring the flavours already in the pesto.
Spinach Pesto Pasta with Paprika Grilled Chicken
- 1 pound pasta (I used whole wheat penne) (gluten free for gluten free)
- 1 pound chicken breasts (pounded thin)
- 2 teaspoons paprika (I used hot and smoky)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 batch spinach pesto (aka spanakopita pesto)
- 1/4 cup walnuts (toasted)
- 1/4 cup feta (crumbled)
- Start cooking the pasta as directed on the package.
- Season the chicken with the paprika, salt and pepper.
- Grill the chicken until it is cooked all the way through, about 5-7 minutes per side.
- Drain the pasta, reserving some of the water and toss the pasta with the pesto and the reserved pasta water.
- Slice the chicken, serve it on the pasta and garnish with the walnuts and feta.
Roasted Red Pepper Pesto Pasta with Feta and Kalamata Olives