In addition to all of the asparagus recipes this week I was also trying some texmex meals. This was my first attempt at enchiladas. It turned out pretty good even though I was a bit short on the green sauce. I look forward to experimenting with different varieties of enchiladas in the future. I could not find any tomatillos so I had to use canned green sauce.
Chicken Enchiladas in Salsa Verde
- 4 flour tortillas
- 2 cups shredded chicken
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 1/2 cup monterey jack cheese (shredded)
- 2 cups salsa verde
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Prepare the filling by mixing the chicken, sour cream and half of the cheese.
- Warm the tortillas to soften.
- Place half of the green sauce in the baking dish.
- Dip a tortilla in the green sauce.
- Place the filling in the tortilla, wrap and place in baking dish seam down.
- Repeat 5 & 6 until done.
- Cover with remaining green sauce and top with remaining cheese.
- Bake in oven for 15 minutes.