This is simple texmex spiced chicken that can be used in many dishes such as tacos, burritos, enchiladas, quesadillas, etc.
Texmex Shredded Chicken
- 1 small chicken
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 small onion (chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 cup tomato puree
- salt and pepper to taste
- Rinse the chicken.
- Place chicken in a pot and cover with water.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 1 hour.
- Shred the chicken. (Forks work well for this.)
- Heat the oil in a pan.
- Add the onions and saute until tender, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the garlic, chili and cumin and saute until fragrant, about a minute.
- Add the shredded chicken, oregano, tomato sauce, salt and pepper and cook for 5-10 minutes.