My next stop in exploring texmex cuisine was the quesadilla. A quesadillas is a dish that consists of a tortillas filled with cheese and other ingredients. Once filled the quesadilla is either pan fried or baked ensuring that the cheese is nice and melted and gooey. You can put anything you want in a quesadilla though the one that I tend to see the most is filled with chicken, jalapenos and cheese. Since I had some
left over from the
chicken enchiladas in salsa verde
from the night before I decided to use that. I fried the quesadilla with a touch or butter and the tortilla was crispy and nice and golden brown. I served the quesadilla with with salsa on the side.
- 4 flour tortillas
- 2 cups shredded chicken
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 1/2 cup monterey jack cheese (shredded)
- 1/4 cup green jalapeno or green chili peppers (sliced)
- 2 green onions (sliced)
- Prepare the filling by mixing the chicken, sour cream, cheese, peppers and green onions.
- Heat some oil or melt some butter in a pan.
- Add tortilla and sprinkle with a thin layer of the filling.
- Cover the pan and let cook until the cheese melts and the tortilla turns golden brown. (About 1-2 minutes.)
- Fold tortilla in half and remove from heat.