These shrimp quesadillas are really easy to make and so tasty! Shrimp has quickly become one of my favorite foods and I am always looking for new ways to enjoy them. When I saw this recipe for
I knew that I would have to try them. With the juicy shrimp bursting in your mouth, and the heat of the jalapeno, and the fresh herb flavours and the melted stingy cheese these quesadillas are really amazing! I enjoyed them with some sour cream, avocado and salsa on the side.
- 1/4 pound shrimp (shelled and deveined)
- 1 lime (juice and zest)
- 1 jalapeno (chopped)
- 1 green onion (chopped)
- 1 handful cilantro (chopped)
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin (toasted and ground)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 flour tortillas
- a touch of butter (or oil)
- 2 handfuls cheese such as cheddar or jack etc. (grated)
- 1 avocado (sliced)
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- Cook the shrimp in boiling water, about 1-3 minutes.
- Rinse the shrimp in cold waterto stop the cooking.
- Mix the lime juice, zest, jalapeno, green onion, cilantro cumin, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Add the shrimp and marinate for 10-30 minutes.
- Melt the butter (or oil) in a pan.
- Place a tortilla in the pan and rub it around in the butter to coat.
- Heat the tortilla until air pockets form in it flipping a few times.
- Repeat 5-7 for the second tortilla and leave it in the pan.
- Drain the liquid from the shrimp and place the mixture on the tortilla in the pan.
- Place the cheese on and then top with the other tortilla.
- Cook the quesadilla until golden brown on both sides and the cheese is melted flipping once.
Tip: Place a plate onto the quesadilla and flipped it from the pan to the plate and then slide it back into the pan to flip the quesadilla.