The best thing about the ham dinner that I had during the holidays has been the leftovers. It is so nice having some tasty ham in the freezer that you can just pull out and make almost anything tastier. This week I pulled out another bag of the leftover ham and used it to make ham and cheese quesadillas for breakfast. They are easy enough to make on a weekday morning and super tasty. I added some jalapeno peppers for some heat and served them with some salsa to dip in. I enjoy frying the quesadillas in a touch of putter in a pan to get a really nice and crisp shell.
Ham and Cheese Quesadillas
- a touch of butter (or oil)
- 2 flour tortillas
- 1/4 pound ham (cut into bite sized pieces)
- jalapeno peppers to taste (chopped, fresh or from a jar)
- 1 green onion (chopped)
- 2 handfuls cheese such as cheddar or jack etc. (grated)
- 1 tablespoon salsa
- Melt the butter (or oil) in a pan.
- Place a tortilla in the pan and rub it around in the butter to coat.
- Heat the tortilla until air pockets form in it flipping a few times.
- Repeat 5-7 for the second tortilla and leave it in the pan.
- Place the ham, jalapeno peppers, green onions and cheese on the tortilla in the pan.
- Cook the quesadilla until golden brown on both sides and the cheese is melted flipping once.