In addition to all of the asparagus recipes this week I was also trying some texmex meals. This was my first attempt at enchiladas. It turned out pretty good even though I was a bit short on the green sauce. I look forward to experimenting with different varieties of enchiladas in the future. I could not find any tomatillos so I had to use canned green sauce.
4 flour tortillas
2 cups shredded chicken
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup cheddar cheese (shredded)
1/2 cup monterey jack cheese (shredded)
2 cups salsa verde
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Prepare the filling by mixing the chicken, sour cream and half of the cheese.
3. Warm the tortillas to soften.
4. Place half of the green sauce in the baking dish.
5. Dip a tortilla in the green sauce.
6. Place the filling in the tortilla, wrap and place in baking dish seam down.
7. Repeat 5 & 6 until done.
8. Cover with remaining green sauce and top with remaining cheese.
9. Bake in oven for 15 minutes.
Chicken Enchiladas in Mole Sauce
Sweet Potato and Bean Enchiladas
Egg Enchiladas in Pipian
Thai Spicy Peanut Chicken Enchiladas