I always enjoy making my own salad dressings! Not only is it easy to do but you have complete control over what goes into them and how much to make. If you feel like having a different dressing every night of the week you can make a small batch and if you want the same one all week you can make a large batch. One of my favourite dressings to make at home is the balsamic vinaigrette which is so easy to make and always better than store bought. The other day I was thinking about a strawberry salad with a balsamic vinaigrette and an idea hit; I could get even more strawberries into the salad by adding them right to the dressing and to get every last drop of flavour from the strawberries, I could roast them first! Although this dressing takes a bit longer to make with roasting the strawberries, it is still really simple and it is so worth it! Strawberries and balsamic vinegar are great together and even better when combined in this roast strawberry balsamic vinaigrette! Next up is the salad that I used it on.
Roast Strawberry Balsamic Vinaigrette
Prep Time: 5 minutes Cook Time: 20 minutes Total Time: 25 minutes Servings: 1cup
A homemade balsamic vinaigrette with roasted strawberries.
- 1 cup strawberries
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 large clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place the strawberries in a single layer on a baking pan lined with foil folded up on the sides to capture the juices.
- Roast the strawberries in a preheated 425F/220C oven until they start to caramelize, about 15-20 minutes.
- Puree everything in a food processor until smooth.