I have been meaning to try this recipe for asparagus crepes with mushroom and dill sauce for a while now but the though of making crepes had been putting me off. I thought that crepes would be difficult to make but they turned out to be pretty easy. This recipe includes a lot of my favorites like asparagus, mushrooms, dill and lemon. I made sure to brown the mushrooms to give them more flavour. It turned out pretty good. It made a terrific light snack.
Asparagus Crepes with Mushroom Dill Sauce
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 onions (sliced)
- 2 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 4 ounces mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons dill (chopped)
- 1/2 teaspoon tarragon (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- 12 asparagus
- 4 crepes (still warm from the pan)
- Heat the butter in a pan.
- Add the onions and saute until translucent.
- Add the garlic and saute until fragrant.
- Add the mushrooms and saute until golden brown.
- Add the flour and mix.
- Add the milk and simmer to reduce to a thick sauce.
- Add the dill, tarragon, lemon juice, salt and pepper and remove from heat.
- Boil the asparagus until just tender.
- Place 3 pieces of asparagus in the crepe, top with some sauce, roll the crepe up and top with some more sauce.
Ham, Egg and Gruyere Crepes with Maple Syrup
WOW, this looks amazing! It pretty much envelops all my favorite flavors, as well. I am admittedly a little scared of making crepes, too, but I might have to give them a whirl for this recipe.
This is bringing back a lot of memories. I used to be a waitress in a French restaurant and they had a dish similar to this. Looks great!
This is a wonderful dish! All the ingredients are just amazing!
They are perfect! How I would love to eat a few (or many) of them. And your crepes look just the way a well bred crepe should look. Julia would be so pleased!
These look fabulous – great job!
Kevin, this looks delicious. I love crepes. Great job 🙂
Peter M says
Great looking dish, sounds tasty. The funnt thing with us men…this is a snack for us…a meal for women!
These look so delicious! I can’t wait for asparagus to come back in season here to try these.
I made crepes this weekend for the first time. Didn’t blog about them because couldn’t take pictures. I made a broccoli filling.
Your mushroom filling looks amazing with the asparagus.
Ummmm, so creamy and tasty.
Good for your for embarking on crepe making. The only thing is that the crepes would not be a snack for me, but probably 2 meals with my light appetite.They look delicious though whether they are a snack or otherwise!!!
I love crepes with savory fillings. These look so great!
asya yusof says
The Cooking Ninja says
Looks delicious. You should try it with the salted crepe. 🙂 It will taste even better 🙂
Lily Dustbin says
made this last night with fresh asparagus from the garden… yum!! this recipe gets added to the permanent collection. thanks!