I have been meaning to try this recipe for asparagus crepes with mushroom and dill sauce for a while now but the though of making crepes had been putting me off. I thought that crepes would be difficult to make but they turned out to be pretty easy. This recipe includes a lot of my favorites like asparagus, mushrooms, dill and lemon. I made sure to brown the mushrooms to give them more flavour. It turned out pretty good. It made a terrific light snack.
Asparagus Crepes with Mushroom Dill Sauce
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 onions (sliced)
- 2 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 4 ounces mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons dill (chopped)
- 1/2 teaspoon tarragon (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- 12 asparagus
- 4 crepes (still warm from the pan)
- Heat the butter in a pan.
- Add the onions and saute until translucent.
- Add the garlic and saute until fragrant.
- Add the mushrooms and saute until golden brown.
- Add the flour and mix.
- Add the milk and simmer to reduce to a thick sauce.
- Add the dill, tarragon, lemon juice, salt and pepper and remove from heat.
- Boil the asparagus until just tender.
- Place 3 pieces of asparagus in the crepe, top with some sauce, roll the crepe up and top with some more sauce.
Ham, Egg and Gruyere Crepes with Maple Syrup