Often simple is the best and it’s hard to beat this cod poached in arrabbiata sauce for a quick and easy meal! An arrabbiata sauce (aka angry sauce) is an Italian style sauce that is so simple, with olive oil, garlic, dried red chili pepper flakes and of course, tomatoes and it typically has some spicy heat from the chili pepper flakes! When you have a recipe with only a few ingredients like this one you want to use good ingredients and a 14 ounce can of Pomì finely chopped tomatoes brings the amazing flavour of tomatoes to the dish, and it’s perfectly sized for a meal for two. Fish is a light and healthy option for protein and you can poach/cook it right in the arrabbiata sauce and it all takes less time than it takes to cook some pasta to serve it over. (Feel free to serve whole pieces of fish or flake the fish after poaching and mix it right into the sauce.)The final touch to this meal is some fresh basil, which is one of my favourite foods!
Cod Poached in Arrabbiata Sauce
Cod poached in a quick, easy, light and tasty arrabbiata sauce made with Pomì finely chopped tomatoes.
- 6 ounces pasta (such as linguine) (gluten-free for gluten-free)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper *
- 1 (14.1 oz) can Pomì Finely Chopped Tomatoes
- salt to taste
- 12 ounces cod
- 2 tablespoon basil (torn (optional)
- Start cooking the pasta as directed.
- Heat the oil in a sauce pan over medium-heat, add the onion and cook until tender, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and red pepper flakes and cook until fragrant, about a minute.
- Add the tomatoes and season with salt to taste before adding the cod, bringing to a simmer and cooking, covered until the fish is cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- Add the basil and serve over the pasta!
Option: Add 1 teaspoon fish sauce!