When I made the
corn and black bean tacos with roast zucchini salsa
a while ago I made sure to make enough that there would be leftovers because I always like using leftovers to make other dishes. One thing that I had on my mind when I made the tacos was to use some of the leftovers to make a breakfast version inspired by the idea of
. These huevos rancheros are pretty similar to the original tacos with lightly the corn and black beans being served on some lightly toasted tortillas topped with a fried egg, the ever so tasty
roasted zucchini salsa
and some crumbled queso fresco. Add some sliced avocado and you have a hearty, tasty and pretty healthy breakfast that will not fail to impress!
Caramelized Corn and Black Bean Huevos Rancheros with Roast Zucchini Salsa
Healthy and tasty sweet caramelized corn and black bean huevos rancheros with roasted zucchini salsa.
- 2 teaspoons corn oil
- 4 corn tortillas
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup caramelized corn and black beans, warm
- 1/2 cup roasted zucchini salsa
- queso fresco to taste, crumbled
- cilantro to taste, torn
- Heat the oil in a heavy bottomed pan over medium-high heat, add the tortillas, lightly toast on both sides and set aside.
- Reduce the heat to medium and fry the eggs sunny side up.
- Place two tortillas on each plate and top with the corn and black beans followed by the zucchini salsa, eggs, queso fresco and cilantro.