When I made the corn and black bean tacos with roast zucchini salsa a while ago I made sure to make enough that there would be leftovers because I always like using leftovers to make other dishes. One thing that I had on my mind when I made the tacos was to use some of the leftovers to make a breakfast version inspired by the idea of huevos rancheros . These huevos rancheros are pretty similar to the original tacos with lightly the corn and black beans being served on some lightly toasted tortillas topped with a fried egg, the ever so tasty roasted zucchini salsa and some crumbled queso fresco. Add some sliced avocado and you have a hearty, tasty and pretty healthy breakfast that will not fail to impress!
Of course the gratuitous runny yolk shot:
Caramelized Corn and Black Bean Huevos Rancheros with Roast Zucchini Salsa
Healthy and tasty sweet caramelized corn and black bean huevos rancheros with roasted zucchini salsa.
- 2 teaspoons corn oil
- 4 corn tortillas
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup caramelized corn and black beans, warm
- 1/2 cup roasted zucchini salsa
- queso fresco to taste, crumbled
- cilantro to taste, torn
- Heat the oil in a heavy bottomed pan over medium-high heat, add the tortillas, lightly toast on both sides and set aside.
- Reduce the heat to medium and fry the eggs sunny side up.
- Place two tortillas on each plate and top with the corn and black beans followed by the zucchini salsa, eggs, queso fresco and cilantro.