Cranberries and pistachios are a great combo that and it is the perfect combo for the holidays with the red and green colours. White chocolate is the third component of this amazing flavour combination and I often enjoy making it in chocolate chip cookie form. While I was making the chocolate and pistachio biscotti I was thinking about a cranberry and pistachio version. I figured that I already had some biscotti on my holiday cookie platter and that I did not need a second one but days later I was still thinking about it so I had to whip up a batch. Normally I would just add the white chocolate chips or chunks to the biscotti but this time I thought that I would change things up a bit and dip the biscotti into some melted white chocolate. I could barely wait for the white chocolate to cool before photographing and digging into the biscotti. The cranberries and pistachios work really well in biscotti form and I am certainly glad that I made them. I also really liked the white chocolate dip and I look forward to experimenting more with chocolate dipped biscotti. My holiday cookie tray is looking more complete every day now!
Cranberry and Pistachio Biscotti Dipped in White Chocolate
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup pistachios
- 4 ounces white chocolate
- Mix the flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
- Slowly mix the sugar into the eggs and oil in another bowl.
- Slowly mix the dry and wet ingredients until they come together.
- Mix in the cranberries and pistachios.
- Form the dough into a rough oval about 8 inches by 3 inches on parchment paper. Note: The dough will be very sticky but you will be able to shape it.
- Bake in a preheated 350F/180C oven for 30 minutes.
- Cut it into 1/4-1/2 inch slices.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes per side at 325F/170C.
- Melt the white chocolate in a double boiler.
- Dip the biscotti into the white chocolate and set aside to cool.