I don’t feel that a
roasted turkey dinner
is complete without the cranberry sauce. Cranberry sauce is also an integral part of the leftover
. I prefer to make my own and it is so simple that there is no question that I am going to make it. Cranberry sauce keeps well in the fridge and you can easily make it the day before to lighten the load on the day of the big meal. I wanted to try a new cranberry recipe and I remembered seeing one made with red wine while looking for recipes last year. When I searched for it this year I came across this recipe for a
cranberry sauce with pinot noir
which sounded really interesting. The pinot noir cranberry sauce was a great success! The ginger and curry powder gave the cranberry sauce an amazing aroma and nice hint of the exotic to every bite without overwhelming it. Overall it was a well rounded and full bodied cranberry sauce.
Cranberry Sauce with Pinot Noir
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 cups cranberries
- 1 tablespoon ginger (grated)
- 2 cups Pinot Noir
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons crystallized ginger (chopped)
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 pinch of Chinese five-spice powder
- Bring everything to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer until the cranberries burst and the sauce starts to thicken, about 10-15 minutes.