No holiday turkey dinner is complete without some homemade cranberry sauce and since it is so easy to make at home you really have no excuse not to! Although a basic cranberry sauce is amazing all by itself, you can change things up every once in a while by adding various flavoura and this time I went with a Mexican inspired flavour theme with spicy jalapeno peppers, lime and a hit of tequila. The heat provided by the jalapeno peppers goes well in the sweet and tart cranberry sauce making it little like a salsa and the lime juice really brightens it up!
Tequila and Lime Jalapeno Cranberry Sauce
A quick and easy homemade cranberry sauce made with fresh cranberries with some jalapeno heat and a hit of limee and tequila.
- 4 cups (1 12 ounce bag) cranberries
- 1 cup water or orange juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoons tequila
- Bring the cranberries, water, sugar and jalapeno to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer until the cranberries burst and the the sauce starts to thicken, about 10-15 minutes.
- Mix in the lime juice and tequila and remove from heat.
Turkey and Cranberry Quesadillas
Turkey and Cranberry Sushi
Turkey, Cranberry and Blue Cheese Wrap
Cranberry and Brie Turkey Quesadillas with Avocado and Candied Jalapenos