One of my favorite parts of the holiday turkey dinner is the leftovers! It is always fun trying to come up with new ways of using turkey leftovers in such a way that the leftover meals are just as interesting as the original. Before trying something new though, I had to enjoy my favorite way to use turkey leftovers, the turkey and cranberry sauce sandwich . Once I had satisfied that craving it was time to move on and given that both the turkey and cranberry sauce were done with texmex flavours I was thinking along the lines of turkey and cranberry sauce tacos or better yet quesadillas. Though the cranberry sauce already had jalapenos in it, it was not spicy enough for the heat that I want in a quesadilla so I added some more to the quesadilla along with some cilantro as it is one of my favorite herbs and a texmex staple. The turkey and cranberry sauce quesadillas turned out really well! The sweet, tart and spicy cranberry sauce worked surprisingly well in the quesadillas along with the turkey and the gooey melted cheese. I will definitely be making these again!
Turkey and Cranberry Quesadillas
Thanksgiving turkey dinner leftover quesadillas.
- 2 (8 inch) flour tortillas
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese such as jack or cheddar
- 1/4 pound turkey, cooked, shredded
- 2 tablespoons cranberry sauce
- 1/2 jalapeno, finely diced
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1 handful cilantro, chopped
- Heat a pan over medium heat, place one tortilla in and top with the half of the cheese followed by the turkey, cranberry sauce, jalapeno, green onion, cilantro and the remaining cheese and tortilla.
- Cook the quesadilla until golden brown and the cheese is melted, about 2-4 minutes per side. (You can place a plate on top of the quesadilla in the pan and then flip it onto the plate and slide it from the plate back into the pan to easily flip it without loosing the contents.)