I had been craving more turkey for a while and I was looking forward to some turkey sandwiches so I decided to do a turkey dinner for the holidays. I did not want it to just be the same old thing though so I went off in search of something new. When I came across this recipe for maple and chipotle turkey breasts I knew that I had found what I was looking for. I really liked the sound the smoky chipotles mixed with the sweet maple syrup. I wanted to have some leftovers so this time I picked up a larger 5 pound turkey breast with bone and skin on. The turkey was easy to make though, you did have to keep brushing the turkey with the maple and chipotle glaze so it took a bit of effort. The turkey turned out nice and moist and tender and tasty! One good thing about cooking turkey like this is that the glaze drips down into the juices that are used for making gravy. With the maple and chipotle glaze in the turkey drippings the gravy turned out really well! It was hot and smokey with a hint of sweetness and it went really well with the turkey. I am now looking forward the leftover turkey sandwiches tomorrow.
Maple and Chipotle Roasted Turkey Breast
A roasted turkey breast seasoned with sweet maple syrup and spicy hot chipotle chili peppers.
- 1 (6 pound) turkey breast, rinsed and pat dry
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and cut in half lengthwise
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 chipotle chilies in adobo sauce
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Push the garlic under the skin of the turkey breast.
- Blend the maple syrup, chipotle chilies, oil and soy sauce.
- Roast in a 325F/170C oven until the middle of the turkey gets to 160F, about 1.5-2 hours, brushing with the maple chipotle sauce every 15 minutes.