This creamed cauliflower is one of my go-to side dish recipes! It’s so easy to make, tasty and it can be made on the stove which is great when the oven is full with a roast! The sauce is cream based, seasoned with onion, garlic, thyme, parmesan and bacon! Once the sauce is made the cauliflower is added to the same pan and simmered until the cauliflower is tender! This recipe is easy to change up! You can replace the thyme with another herb such as rosemary, sage, oregano, etc. and you can add spices or other things like sun dried tomatoes, olives, etc. No matter how you make it this creamed cauliflower is the perfect side for any meal!
Creamed Cauliflower (aka Creamy Garlic Parmesan Cauliflower with Bacon)
A quick and easy stove-top creamed cauliflower with butter, garlic, parmesan, and bacon!
- 4 ounces bacon, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme, chopped
- 1/2 cup chicken broth (or milk or heavy cream)
- 1/2 cup heavy/whipping cream
- 1/4 cup parmigiano reggiano (parmesan cheese), grated
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 pounds cauliflower (cut into bite sized pieces)
- Cook the bacon in a large pan, over medium heat, before setting aside and draining off all but 1 tablespoon of bacon grease.
- Add the butter to the pan and let it melt before adding the onion and cooking until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and thyme and cook until fragrant, about a minute.
- Add the broth, cream, and cheese, bring to a simmer and let the cheese melt before seasoning with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the cauliflower, cover and simmer until tender, about 15-20 minutes.
- Mix the bacon back in and enjoy!
Option: Use more (or less) garlic.
Option: Add a pinch of red pepper flakes along with the garlic.
Option: Add 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika!
Option: Use another cheese instead of parmesan, such as: asiago cheese or pecorino cheese, etc.
Option: Add a pinch of nutmeg to the sauce.
Option: Hit the cream sauce with a splash of lemon juice!
Option: Top with 1 cup of a melty cheese, such as mozzarella, monterey jack, havarti, etc., and throw under the broiler for 2-3 minutes to melt!
Creamed Corn Skillet Chicken
Creamed Spinach and Artichokes
Creamed Corn with Roasted Red Peppers and Bacon
Skillet Butter and Garlic Mushrooms and Cauliflower
Crispy Parmesan Roast Cauliflower
Buffalo Roasted Cauliflower
Roasted Cauliflower Satay with Spicy Peanut Dipping Sauce
Roast Head of Cauliflower in Creamy Mushroom Sauce
Maple Sriracha Roasted Cauliflower