I was going through my photos and I found these photos of eggplant croquettes that I did not get around to posting when I made them a few weeks ago. Fresh local eggplants were still at the farmers market and I was looking for recipes to use them in. In particular I had been looking for a recipe for eggplant fritters as I had recently enjoyed corn fritters and zucchini fritters. I came across
tasty looking post on eggplant croquettes. They turned out pretty good though I had to handle them carefully when frying them as they wanted to come apart. I topped the some of the eggplant croquettes with a simple roasted red pepper sauce and some with
that I had in my freezer.
The roasted red pepper sauce was just a roasted red pepper, a clove of garlic, some parsley, salt and pepper processed in a food processor.
- 1 medium eggplant (sliced into 1/4 inch thick slices)
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup parmigiano reggiano
- 1 tablespoon parsley (chopped)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 egg (slightly beaten)
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons oil
- marinara sauce to taste
- roasted red pepper sauce to taste
- Broil the eggplant until golden brown on both sides, about 7 minutes per side.
- Let it cool and remove the skin.
- Place the eggplant, bread crumbs, garlic, parmigiano reggiano, parsley, salt and pepper in a food processor and process.
- Grab a small handful of the mixture and form a patty.
- Dip the patty into the egg and then in the bread crumbs to coat.
- Heat the oil in a pan.
- Fry the patty until golden brown on both sides, about 1-3 minutes per side.
- Repeat step 4 through 7 until you have used up all of the mixture.