When I was at the market two weeks ago I saw some red currants that looked really nice. I searched the internet for some recipes that used red currants but I could not find much. In the end I decided to use
recipe for grilled lamb chops as a base and I modified it to use red currants. Since the few recipes that I did find with red currants used red currant jam I decided to add some honey to balance the sourness of the vinegar and the currants. This weekend I picked the red currants up when I was at the market. The dish turned out surprisingly well. The red currants added a really nice tartness. I will definitely be making this again.
Grilled Lamb Chops in Red Currant and Rosemary Sauce
- 4 lamb chops
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons red currants (crushed)
- 2 tablespoons rosemary (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 clove garlic (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Trim the fat from around the lamb chops.
- Place the lamb chops into a ziplock bag with the rest of the ingredients. Place the ziplock bag into the fridge and let marinate for 30 minutes to a few hours.
- Broil the lamb chops in the oven for about 5 minutes per side.
- Place the marinade into a small pan and reduce to a sauce.
- Place the lamb chop onto a plate and cover with the sauce.