It’s time for another zucchini recipe and these grilled zucchini rollups stuffed with lemon-basil ricotta and slow roasted tomatoes are sure to please! Zucchini that is sliced thinly lengthwise makes for the perfect wrapper to stuff and roll up into tasty bundles of finger food! Raw zucchini does not bend so well but once it’s been cooked just a little it rolls up with ease and during the summer it’s great to use the grill to add a hint of smokiness. The filling is a creamy ricotta cheese seasoned with parmesan, lemon, basil and pepper along with fresh leaves of basil and flavour packed, juicy slow roasted tomatoes! I like to roast the tomatoes a day or more ahead to save time and you can also grill the zucchini before to save even more time. These grilled zucchini rollups stuffed with lemon-basil ricotta and slow roasted tomatoes are great finger food at summer get-togethers and they also make for a nice side or even a light meal!
Grilled Zucchini Rollups Stuffed with Lemon-Basil Ricotta and Slow Roasted Tomatoes
Prep Time:10 minutes Cook Time:10 minutes Total Time:20 minutes Servings: 24
Light and tasty grilled zucchini rollups stuffed with lemon-basil ricotta and slow roasted tomatoes that just scream summer!
- 3 medium zucchini, sliced thinly lengthwise
- oil for grilling
- 1 1/2 cups ricotta
- 1/4 cup parmigiano reggiano (parmesan), grated
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons basil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 24 basil leaves
- 24 slow roasted tomatoes (halves)
- Brush the zucchini slices lightly with oil, and grill over medium-high heat until just tender, about 1 minute per side and set aside to cool.
- Mix the ricotta, cheese, lemon zest, basil, salt and pepper and spread over the zucchini slices.
- Place a leaf of basil and a slow roasted tomato half on each slice of zucchini and roll them up.
Option: Add 2 teaspoons chopped mint to the ricotta mixture!