One of my favourite things about summer is fresh strawberries! I enjoy eating them by the bowl full and using them in tasty recipes and the one that I make every summer is strawberry jam! Using fresh strawberries to make your own jam is a great way to preserve that burst of summer in a way that can be used throughout the year, long after the local strawberry season is over. I always make some basic strawberry jam and I like to change things up by adding extras like jalapenos! The recipe for this jalapeno strawberry jam is pretty much your basic strawberry jam recipe with the addition of as many jalapenos as you wish to add the amount of spicy heat to meet your tastes! This jalapeno strawberry jam can be used wherever you enjoy regular strawberry jam and I like it on a bagel with cream cheese!
Jalapeno Strawberry Jam
A fresh homemade strawberry jam with a hit of jalapeno heat!
- 4 cups strawberries, cleaned, hulled, sliced or mashed
- 1 jalapeno pepper, sliced or diced
- 7 cups sugar
- 1 box pectin
- Bring the strawberries, jalapeno, and sugar to a boil over medium-high heat in a large sauce pan.
- Mix in the pectin and bring to a hard boil for 1 minute, before removing from heat.
- Skin any foam off before poring into sterilized jars and storing in the fridge.
Option: Use proper canning procedure to store at room temperature or for longer periods of time.
Great Sharing I Like your vision.
Looks delicious! . Can’t wait to try these!
Do you think raspberries would work as well?
Raspberries would be amazing!
Stella Briggs says
Just a standard size pectin 1.75 oz
Yes and enjoy!
Michael G Lynch says
1) How long will a single batch last if refrigerated?
2) Have you ever tried making your Jams and Jelly with a Sugar substitute like Stevia or Monk Fruit?
It keeps in the fridge for several weeks! I have not tried with Stevia or Monk Fruit.
Lisa B. says
Do you think I could freeze this?
You can freeze this jam!
Definitely will make this one. Do you think with freezer pectin it will work too? Some of my favorite/most used recipes are yours — you are a great talent in the kitchen.
This will work as a freezer jam. Adjust based on the instructions that come with the freezer pectin.
Can this be canned
You can can this jam! Please use proper canning procedures!