A banh mi is Vietnamese sandwich typically made in a Vietnamese style baguette with meat, pickled vegetables, chilies, cilantro, mayo and pâté; I am a huge fan of banh mi and I enjoy making my own! You can make banh mi with different kinds of meat and in these I am using a tasty grilled lemongrass chicken which is so easy to make! Next up are some quick homemade pickled carrots and daikon radish, cilantro, birds eye chilies (or jalapenos) and mayonnaise. I often use a baguette and a regular bun works perfectly for grilled chicken thighs! I usually omit the pate but it is a nice addition. Whenever I make lemon grass chicken I make a double batch to use the leftovers for these toasty sandwiches!
Lemongrass Chicken Banh Mi
Quick and easy lemongrass chicken banh mi sandwiches with plenty of pickled carrots, cucumbers and chilies!
- 4 buns, sliced (gluten-free for gluten-free)
- 1 pound lemongrass chicken, cooked and warm – link this
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup pickled daikon radish
- 1/4 cup pickled carrots
- 1/2 cup cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 2 birds eye chilies (or jalapeno chilies), sliced
- sriracha to taste
- Assemble the sandwiches and enjoy!