I keep meaning to eat more fish but I never seem to get around to doing it… Last week I was watching the food network and saw an episode about pan seared salmon. Seeing the amazingly seared salmon was just the nudge that I needed. I picked up some nice looking salmon along with some asparagus when I went to the market on the weekend. The salmon seared up nice and golden and crispy. It was really good. I enjoy salmon and it is easy to cook. I really should have it more often.
Pan Seared Salmon with Dill Sour Cream Sauce
- 1 serving salmon (de-boned)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon dill (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon dill pickle (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Season the salmon with salt and pepper.
- Heat the oil in a pan.
- Sear the salmon on both sides in the pan (about 5 minutes on the skin side followed by 2 minute on the other side).
- Mix the sour cream, dill, pickle and lemon juice.
- Place the salmon on a plate and top with the dill sour cream sauce.