Butter has to be one of the most amazing foods around and it took me a while to catch onto this, but you can easily add extra flavours to it! A compound butter is a butter with extra ingredients added to it and this roasted garlic and porcini mushroom goat cheese butter is my current favourite! I really can’t get enough roasted garlic and you combine them with dried porcini mushrooms, a flavour/umami powerhouse, and cheese, goat cheese none the less, and you have a butter that is simply divine! This roasted garlic and porcini mushroom goat cheese butter is so easy to make and you can use it on so many different things! Steak is my number one way to enjoy this butter as all of the flavours just go so well together. In addition to using it yourself, it makes for a great gift, especially for dad this Fathers Day!
Roasted Garlic and Porcini Mushroom Goat Cheese Butter
As simple compound butter that’s just packed with umami flavour with dried porcini mushrooms, thyme and goat cheese; yum!
- 2 heads roasted garlic
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- 1/2 ounce dried porcini mushrooms, divided
- 1 teaspoon thyme, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cover 1/2 of the mushrooms in just boiled water and let soak for 20 minutes before draining, squeezing out the excess liquid and chopping the mushrooms.
- Meanwhile, Grind the remaining mushrooms in a spice/coffee grinder to form a coarse powder.
- Mix everything, roll into a log in parchment paper and let chill in the fridge or freezer until set.