Butter is one of my favourite condiments and although it is simply divine all by itself it’s also fun to add flavour and make compound butters! This roasted garlic gorgonzola butter is a great example of a compound butter and it’s so easy to make! You just need to mix some room temperature butter with the roasted garlic, crumbled blue cheese, fresh parsley and a touch of fresh cracked black pepper, before chilling it all in the fridge. I like to use gorgonzola cheese but stilton and other blue cheeses also work well! Once the flavours have had a chance to mingle while hanging out in the fridge this roasted garlic gorgonzola butter excellent melting on anything from steaks to baked potatoes!
Roasted Garlic Gorgonzola Butter
A tasty roasted garlic and blue cheese compound butter that is perfect for serving on top of pan seared steaks or melting in baked potatoes!
- 2 heads roasted garlic, squeezed and mashed
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/3 cup gorgonzola (or other blue) cheese, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- pepper to taste
- Mix everything, place on wax (or parchment) paper, form a log, roll it up in the paper and twist the ends before placing in the fridge to chill.
Kevin can you freeze this?
Yes you can! Enjoy!