It’s time for another pumpkin recipe and this time we’ve got a roasted pumpkin and green bean quinoa salad in a tasty Thai peanut dressing. Quinoa makes for both a nice addition to a salad and a great base for salads and if you are using it as a base for a salad all you really need to do is add some veggies, like pumpkin, along with a dressing and you’re done! In addition to the pumpkin I added green beans (which I blanched rather than roasted to retain their bright green colour and crispy crunch) and red peppers along with some green onions and cilantro. The pumpkin and Thai peanut sauce combo is a fabulous one, and the inspiration for this salad, so a dressing based on it was a must! Although it’s not required, I like to serve this salad on a bed of baby spinach, just to get some more veggie goodness!
For those that like it extra spicy, go ahead and load on that sriracha!
Roasted Pumpkin and Green Bean Quinoa Salad in Thai Peanut Dressing
A quinoa salad with roasted pumpkin, green beans and red peppers in a Thai style peanut sauce dressing.
- 2 cups pumpkin, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 3/4 cups water or 1 (14 ounce can) coconut milk
- 1/2 pound green bean, trimmed and cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup roasted peanuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup peanut sauce
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- Toss with the pumpkin in the oil and salt and pepper, place in a single layer on a baking pan and roast in a preheated 400F/200C oven until tender, about 20 minutes, mixing midway through.
- Meanwhile, bring the quinoa and water to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer, covered, until the water has been absorbed, about 15 minutes, before removing from heat and letting sit covered for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, blanch the green beans in boiling water until they just turn a dark green and plunge them into cold water.
- Toss everything into the mixture of the peanut sauce and the coconut milk and enjoy.
Option: Serve over a bed of greens such as baby spinach or baby kale.
Option: Roast the green beans with the pumpkin.
Roasted Cauliflower and Mushroom Quinoa Salad
Roasted Green Bean Red Pepper Quinoa Salad
Chipotle Roast Sweet Potato and Black Bean Quinoa Salad
Festive Roast Pumpkin Salad
Chicken Satay Salad in Spicy Peanut Dressing
Vietnamese Summer Roll Salad
Berry Quinoa Salad
Maple Dijon Green Beans with Bacon, Candied Pecans and Goat Cheese
Mediterranean Quinoa Bowls with Romesco Sauce
Thai Lemongrass Chicken and Avocado Salad with Spicy Peanut Dressing
Thai Peanut Chicken Buddha Bowls
Cold Sesame Noodles