I had been seeing recipes for slow cooker honey and parmesan pork tenderloin on pinterest for a while and it sounded so good that I had to make it! You really can’t go wrong with melt in your mouth slow cooked pork tenderloin especially when covered in a tasty sauce! This sauce starts out with a base of honey and parmesan which is such an amazing combination of sweet and savoury! (Have you tried serving small pieces of parmigiano reggiano (parmesan) drizzled with honey? Simply divine!) The sauce is built up with garlic, thyme, mustard and a heaping helping of black pepper before being rubbed onto the pork and cooked low and slow in the crockpot until tender. Once cooked a bit of corn starch is added to the mixture of the juices and the sauce that’s at the bottom of the slow cooker to thicken it before it’s served over the sliced pork. I like to serve this tasty slow cooker honey and parmesan pork tenderloin with a side of mashed potatoes to soak up any extra honey and parmesan sauce!
Slow Cooker Parmesan and Honey Pork Tenderloin
Melt in your mouth tender port tenderloin in a honey and parmesan glaze that is just packed with flavour!
- 3 pounds pork tenderloin
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup parmigiano reggiano (parmesan cheese), grated
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons garlic, chopped
- 2 teaspoons thyme, chopped
- 1 tablespoon grainy mustard
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch + 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup chicken broth (or water)
- Rub the pork with the mixture of the honey, parmesan, soy sauce, garlic, thyme, mustard, oil and pepper, place into the slow cooker and cook on low for 8-10 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.
- Remove the pork from the slow cooker and slice.
- Mix the mixture of the cornstarch and water into the juices in the slow cooker along with the broth and cook on high, covered, until the sauce thickens, about 10-15 minutes, before serving the pork topped with the sauce.
Option: Use asiago or pecorino cheese instead of parmesan.
Apricot Glazed Bacon Wrapped Cajun Pork Tenderloin
Bacon Wrapped, Mushroom and Spinach Stuffed Pork Tenderloin in a Creamy Dijon Goat Cheese Sauce
Goat Cheese Stuffed Pork Tenderloin with Red Wine Balsamic Cherry Sauce
Chashu Pork (Marinated Braised Pork Belly)
Chipotle Slow Cooker Pork Carnitas
Slow Cooker Balsamic Glazed Roast Beef
Slow Cooker Mushroom Pot Roast
Slow Cooker Pot Roast