Seven layer dip is always fun at parties and I thought that I would try kicking it up a bit with the addition of a pantry staple, tuna, but not just any tuna, some chipotle tuna by Clover Leaf. A seven layer dip is a dip where Mexican style ingredients are layered on top of each other and for this dip I went with layers of seasoned beans, sour cream, guacamole, chipotle tuna, salsa, cheese and olives along with green onions for garnish. If you have all of the ingredients on hand this dip could not be easier to make where you simply need to pull the ingredients out and start layering them. You could easily use all store bought ingredients and make this dip a snap to assemble or you could make all of the ingredients yourself and keep the dip nice and light and healthy. In the recipe below I have given options to keep things simple and to keep things light and healthier with some examples being either using store bought refried beans versus using a can of beans with homemade taco seasoning mixed in or using store bought salsa versus making your own fresh pico de gallo. No matter how you make it, this is one tasty dip that is sure to please and the chipotle tuna is a great addition to a seven layer dip!
Scroll down a bit for the chance to win a Clover Leaf tuna prize!
Assembling the dip is quick and easy! Add some extra chipotle hot sauce if you like it spicy!
Dig deep and try to get some of every layer in each scoop!
Chipotle Tuna 7 Layer Dip
A quick, easy and light seven layer dip featuring Clover Leaf Chipotle Chunk Light Tuna.
- 1 (15 ounce) can refried beans or 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, rinsed, drained and mashed
- 1/4 cup water (or beer)
- 1 package of taco seasoning or 1 tablespoon homemade taco seasoning
- 1 cup sour cream or Greek yogurt
- 1 cup guacamole
- 1 (5 ounce) can Clover Leaf Chipotle Chunk Light Tuna, drained
- 1/2 cup chunky salsa or pico de gallo
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup black olives, sliced
- Mix the water and taco seasoning into the beans, spread them out on a plate or in a bowl, followed by the sour cream, guacamole, tuna, salsa, cheese, olives, green onions and enjoy!
Option: If you do not have access to Clover Leaf Chipotle Chunk Light Tuna, mix 1 or more chopped chipotle chilies in adobo into 1 can of drained tuna.