7 layer dip is a classic snack, especially for watching games like football and basketball, not to mention serving at parties or bringing to potluck and/or picnics! As it’s name suggests, this dip is made with 7 layers of tasty ingredients and I like to go with layers of refried beans, guacamole, sour cream, salsa, cheese, fresh tomatoes and black olives and you can change up the ingredients to tailor it to your likes! I like to use homemade ingredients where possible but store bought certainly makes things easier and quicker! The best part of this dip is diving in with tortilla chips, making sure to get some of each layer with every bite! Yum!
Seven Layer Dip
Super easy homemade seven layer dip with refried beans, guacamole, sour cream, salsa, cheese, tomatoes and olives!Perfect for scooping with tortilla chips!
- 1 cup refried beans
- 1 cup guacamole
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup salsa
- 2 cups cheddar cheese (and/or Monterrey jack), shredded
- 1 cup tomatoes, diced
- 2 green onions (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped (optional)
- 1/4 cup black olives, pitted and sliced
- Spread the refried beans over the bottom of a large dish (like a pie plate), followed by the guacamole, sour cream, salsa, cheese, tomatoes, green onions, cilantro, and olives.
- Enjoy scooping with tortilla chips!
Tip: Make the whole dip the day before and store, covered, in the fridge.
Option: Use salsa ranchera instead of salsa! (Or your favourite salsa!)
Option: Use pico de gallo instead of the diced tomatoes, green onions and cilantro!
Tip: Use store bought refried beans, guacamole, salsa and use a store bought pico de gallo instead of the diced tomatoes, green onions and cilantro, for a super easy version!