This creamy brie mushroom sauce from the mushroom and peppercorn crusted steak in a creamy brie mushroom sauce was so good that I felt that I had to break it off into it's own recipe. I mean this mushroom sauce is amazing all by itself on the afore mentioned steak, pork chops, simply tossed with pasta or smothering vegetables like cauliflower, mashed potatoes, green beans etc. In addition to being addictively good, this sauce only takes about 30 minutes to make so if you are serving it on pasta, steak, pork chops, etc. it's done in time to make for a nice quick 30 minute meal! The brie in this mushroom sauce makes it so nice and creamy and it lets you cut back on the amount of heavy/whipping cream at the same time. I like to add a bit of white miso paste to add some extra umami but it's completely optional. Once you try this creamy brie mushroom sauce you'll be using it on everything, that is when you can stop yourself from just eating a bowl full all by itself!
Creamy Brie Mushroom Sauce
A creamy mushroom sauce made even creamier with brie that is perfect on everything from pasta to steaks to veggies!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, diced
- 8 ounces various mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon thyme, chopped
- 1/4 cup dry white wine (or broth)
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth or beef broth or chicken broth
- 1/4 cup cream
- 4 ounces brie
- 1/2 cup parmigiano reggiano (parmesan), grated
- 1 tablespoon white miso paste (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Melt the butter in a pan over medium heat, add the onions and mushrooms and cook until the mushrooms release their liquids and it's absorbed, about 10 minutes.
- Add the garlic and thyme and cook for a minute.
- Add the wine and deglaze the pan.
- Add the broth and cream, bring to a boil and simmer to thicken, about 2-4 minutes, before mixing in the cheeses and miso and removing from the heat.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Mushroom and Peppercorn Crusted Steak in a Creamy Brie Mushroom Sauce
Roast Head of Cauliflower in Creamy Mushroom Sauce
Beef Wellington Tarts with Mushroom Blue Cheese Sauce
Roasted Potatoes in Creamy Mushroom and Miso Sauce
Green Beans in a Creamy Mushroom Sauce
Roasted Portobello Mushroom with Poached Egg in a Creamy Mushroom Sauce
Creamy Garlic and Brie Mushrooms