I use this cauliflower sauce all the time both by itself and as an ingredient in other recipes and I thought that it was about time that I shared it! This cauliflower sauce is a really simple, quick, easy, light, healthy and most importantly, tasty, sauce that literally only takes a few minutes to make! This sauce came from the desire for a lighter and healthier version of a cream based sauce like an alfredo sauce and although its not the same as a cream based alfredo, it’s definitely tasty and healthier! I of course love to add plenty of cheese and I use different kinds of cheese based on what I’m using the sauce in with some favourites being parmesan, gruyere, blue cheese, etc. Cauliflower is one of my favourite foods and when it’s cooked and pureed it gets nice and creamy and it makes for a great sauce for pasta, rice, soups, stews, etc! Take a look below the recipe for some ways to use this light and creamy cauliflower sauce. Please sahre your favourite ways of enjoying a tasty cauliflower sauce!
Light and Creamy Cauliflower Sauce
A super quick, easy, light, tasty and heathy cauliflower sauce that can be used in a lot of dishes!
- 1-2 tablespoons butter or oil
- 4 cloves garlic
- 6 cups cauliflower florets (about 1 medium head or a 12 ounce bag of frozen)
- 1 cup vegetable broth or chicken broth
- 1/2 cup milk (or to taste)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Melt the butter in a sauce pan over medium heat, add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about a minute.
- Add the cauliflower and broth, bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer, covered, until the cauliflower is tender, about 6-10 minutes, before transferring to a blender or food processor and pureeing.
- Return to the sauce pan, add enough milk to get the sauce to the desired consistency, seas to with salt and pepper to taste and enjoy!
Option: Use cream or almond milk, coconut milk, etc instead of milk.
Option: Add cheese!!! I like parmesan, gruyere, cheddar, blue cheese, etc depending on what I am using the sauce in.
Option: Add other seasonings like nutmeg, cayenne, etc.
Option: Add other flavours like roasted red peppers, pumpkin, sun dried tomatoes, mushrooms, etc.
Mushroom and Kale Lasagna Roll Ups in Creamy Gorgonzola Cauliflower Sauce
Cajun Shrimp Cauliflower Alfredo Linguini
Cajun Shrimp Fettuccine Alfredo
Light and Creamy Cauliflower Alfredo Linguine