I’m back in the kitchen after a summer road trip and boy do I have a tasty new recipe to share with you today, mushroom and brie baked eggs! This is a really simple dish where eggs are baked in a mushroom and brie sauce and served with toast or crusty bread for dipping and scooping! The mushroom sauce is easy to make where you just cook the mushrooms and onions, season with garlic and thyme, add some broth to make the sauce along with plenty of cheese, in the form of parmesan and brie! I like to add some fresh spinach for some colour and to make it a bit healthier. After the sauce is made the eggs are cracked open and placed on top of the sauce before transferring to the oven to bake until they are cooked! I like my yolks to be a little runny so I don’t bake them too long but you can cook them as desired. This mushroom and brie baked eggs makes for an amazing brunch for a special occasion and they also make for a nice light dinner!
Divide by four and make them in individual pans!
Mushroom and Brie Baked Eggs
Eggs baked in a a creamy mushroom brie sauce!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, diced
- 8 ounces various mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon thyme, chopped
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth or chicken broth
- 1/4 cup cream
- 4 ounces brie
- 1/2 cup parmigiano reggiano (parmesan), grated
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 ounces fresh baby spinach
- 4 eggs
- Melt the butter in an oven safe pan over medium heat, add the onions and mushrooms and cook until the mushrooms release their liquids and it’s absorbed, about 10-15 minutes.
- Add the garlic and thyme and cook for a minute.
- Add half of the broth and deglaze the pan by scraping the brown bits off the bottom of the pan while the the broth simmers.
- Add the remaining broth and cream, bring to a boil and simmer to thicken, about 2-4 minutes, before mixing in the cheeses and spinach and seasonimg with salt and pepper to taste.
- Make four small holes in the sauce and fill them with the eggs.
- Bake in a preheated 350F/180C oven until the eggs just start to set, about 5-8 minutes.
Mexican Baked Eggs
Italian Style Baked Eggs
Tomato and Feta Baked Eggs
Creamy Brie Mushroom Sauce
Creamy Garlic and Brie Mushrooms
Baked Brie Topped with Caramelized Mushrooms
Creamy Roasted Mushroom and Brie Soup
Mushroom and Peppercorn Crusted Steak in a Creamy Brie Mushroom Sauce
Baked Avocado Bacon and Eggs
Pan Seared Steaks with Sauteed Mushrooms and Roasted Garlic Gorgonzola Butter